Work With Us
We are currently looking for an Assistant Producer to join our team for a fixed term 6 month contract. Please continue reading for the Job Description and details of how to apply. Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm on Monday 9 May 2022
You can also download the Job Description by clicking the button below. If you would like to ask us anything about the role please contact us.
Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to receiving your application or discussing any questions or accessibility needs you may have.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in producing and production co-ordination to join our small hard working team. You should have at least 2 years’ experience working at a professional level in a fast paced theatre / arts production office.
Alongside general administrative support, your primary focus will be the Assistant Producing of a 10-day programme for ‘Amal’ in the UK in June 2022.
We are looking for someone able work at a fast pace and high capacity. Whilst you will begin with a clear framework of responsibilities, deliverables and success criteria, we encourage you to make the role your own and to be curious about how you would like your role, responsibilities and skills to grow during your time with us.
- Being the first point of contact for all enquiries The Walk Productions, for example through the website contact page and through email@example.com
- General administrative support to the whole team including:
- arranging meetings
- maintaining the company calendar and ensuring new team members have access
- setting up and issuing zoom links
- ensuring information is swiftly communicated
- taking minutes and circulating action points
- Personal assistant support to the Executive Producer and Artistic Director
- Managing the booking of staff and creative team travel and accommodation
- Managing the visas and work permits applications for cast and crew
- Assisting with cast and crew recruitment including making offers verbally and in writing
- Writing cast and crew contracts and ensuring contracts and policies are signed and filed
- Creating and updating contact sheets and project schedules
- Creating and updating project databases and effective filing systems
- Ensuring good communication throughout the project, including organising regular departmental meetings and observing when – and in what area – communication needs to be improved.
- Deputising for the Executive Producer as appropriate
- Assistant Producer for Amal’s 10-day programme of work in the UK in June 2022 and potential future projects of a similar kind.
- Developing dynamic and close relationships with our UK partners, encouraging their creative and logistic ideas and ensuring that these are in line with The Walk Productions’ Artistic Director’s vision.
- Working closely with the Executive Producer and UK partners on the detailed logistical planning for each event.
- Ensuring the creative development of each event is moving forward.
- Making suggestions for new partnerships and ideas.
- Ensuring optimum information sharing across the TWPL team and UK partners.
- Supporting the Executive Producer in the drafting of partnership agreements and ensuring these are promptly circulated and signed by partners.
- Suggesting ways in which audiences can experience Amal’s events remotely via social media and other online platforms.
- Creating simple file sharing systems to enable UK partners to easily access marketing & press materials including still photography and video content.
- During the events, acting as a key contact for any operational issues that need to be troubleshooted, reacting to unforeseen circumstances and re-planning events alongside all stakeholders are required.
- Drafting payroll for Executive Producer approval.
- Supporting the Executive Producer with the processing of invoices as appropriate.
- Managing petty cash, per diems and expense claims.
- Promoting, and acting within, the Equal Opportunities Policy of The Walk Productions Limited.
- Being an active and supportive member of The Walk Productions Limited tram.
- Providing the highest level of audience, performer and participant care at all times.
- Representing The Walk Productions Limited at events as appropriate.
- Any other reasonable duties that arise to fulfil the objectives of The Walk Productions Limited.
- At least two years’ relevant experience working in the cultural sector.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and self-motivated to work on your own initiative as required.
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical, with the ability to generate imaginative solutions to creative and operational challenges.
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- A hardworking, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends, including both UK and overseas travel as required.
- A proven interest and commitment to theatre, the arts and human rights.
- Knowledge of the wider theatre sector.
- Advanced IT and digital skills.
- Experience of managing social media.
- Experience of production budgeting and financial management including invoice processing and bookkeeping.
- Experience of partnership working, such as co-productions and touring.
- Knowledge of HR including Health and Safety protocols, insurance and legal issues, and best practice in equal opportunities, diversity, safeguarding and GDPR policies.
- Language skills.
Applications should be made by submitting a letter explaining in no more than two sides of A4 what attracts you to this position and evidence of your ability to meet the criteria outlined in the job description. Please address the letter to Sarah Loader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include with your letter:
- A CV, including details of your current or most recent salary and notice period.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
- Details of two people whom we may contact for a reference. These referees should have knowledge of you in a working environment, either paid or unpaid, and one should be your current or last employer. Please indicate whether we may contact each person in advance of a job offer.
- Confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK, including details of any work permit you currently have.
Please send completed applications to email@example.com by 8pm on Monday 9 May 2022
We will interview candidates during the w/c 9 May 2022.
We are looking for a candidate who could start as soon as possible in May.
A fixed term freelance self-employed contract of up to six months.
Equality and Diversity
Our current team at The Walk Productions could better reflect the diverse communities with whom we work. Our recruitment strategy places diversity as a core priority.
We are particularly interested in hearing from people who are under-represented in the arts sector due to their socio-economic status, ethnic background or disability. We are particularly interested in applicants with lived or close experience of migration.
We aim to create environments where all team members have the means, the confidence, the available channels to suggest, criticise and enhance our work – to add collective thinking and practice their particular experience, skill and vision.
If you need this information in a different format or have any access requirements for interview, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07540 433546.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a set of laws intended to improve data protection for individuals in the EU. Information provided by you as part of your application will be used in the recruitment process. Any information you provide will be held securely, with access restricted to those involved in dealing with your application and in the recruitment process. Once this process is completed the data relating to unsuccessful applicants will be stored for a maximum of 2 years and then destroyed. We have a thorough and fair recruitment policy and all recruitment is carried out in house, we do not use third-party recruiters or automated shortlisting.
If you are the successful candidate, your application form will be retained and form the basis of your personnel record. Information provided by you on the equal opportunities monitoring form will be used to monitor The Walk Productions Limited’s equal opportunities practices. This information will be securely stored separately to your personal details. By submitting your completed application you are giving your consent to your data being stored and processed for the purpose of the recruitment process, equal opportunities monitoring, and, if you are the successful candidate, your personnel record. Please email email@example.com if you would like a copy of The Walk Productions Limited’s Privacy Notice or to exercise any of your rights to access, change or request deletion of your data.